The Oguaa Educator is a peer reviewed journal that provides the platform for tutors of Colleges of Education, school teachers, headteachers and teacher education researchers to disseminate their insights into innovative teaching and learning as well as educational leadership practices at the pre-tertiary level. The journal therefore publishes original research on innovative and best practices in teaching and learning in all school subjects as well as school management and leadership. The journal is published in print once a year in June.
Interested persons are invited to submit scholarly manuscripts/articles/papers for consideration and publication in the journal. Authors should refer to the guidelines below and adhere to them.
Submission of Manuscripts
- Articles/papers/manuscripts should be submitted in English.
- Manuscripts are accepted for consideration with the understanding that they are original material and are not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- A separate title page must be provided to enhance peer review. The title must include the title of paper, names of all authors, their affiliation, mail address, email address, phone and fax numbers. An asterisk should be placed against the name of the corresponding author.
- Manuscripts containing the title of the paper should be saved as both Word and PDF files and sent to the Editor-in-Chief via the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The author(s) name(s) should not appear anywhere in the manuscript. The author(s) should use “author(s)” any time he/she/they cite(s) his/her work in the manuscript.
- Length of Abstract: An abstract of not more than 150 words must accompany the article.
- Key words: four to six keywords must be stated. These should be separated by a semicolon.
- Length of manuscripts: The length of the manuscripts should – not be more than 10 000 words.
- Font size and line spacing: The manuscripts should be double spaced and of Times New Roman font size of 12 on A4 sheet with margins of 4.0 centimetres on the left and 2.5centimeters on the right, top and bottom.
- Authors are responsible for all statements made in their work and for obtaining permission from copyright owners to reprint or adapt tables or figures or to print a quotation of 500 words or more.
- Language, in text references, format and symbols / letters/equation/ transcriptions and references must conform to the style prescribed by the publication manual of the American Psychological Association (6th Edition).
- The structure of a typical empirical study should include Background to the study, which entails the statement of the problem being investigated. Normally, the background should summarize relevant research to provide context, and explain what other authors' findings, if any, are being challenged or extended. Purpose of the study, Research Question(s)/Hypotheses, Methodology, Results, Discussion, Conclusion and Recommendation/Implication. Acknowledgement may be included for funded projects.
- All manuscripts received will be acknowledged promptly. Feedback on manuscript from reviewers will be communicated to the corresponding author.
- Rolling deadline for submission: Manuscripts are welcome throughout the year.
On acceptance of manuscript for publication Ghanaian authors will be asked to pay a publication fee of GH₵150 while foreign authors pay $100. Authors will be given a copy of the journal in which their articles are published.
For further information/ clarification, please contact the Editor–in-Chief:
Prof. Eric Nyarko-Sampson
Department of Guidance and Counselling
Faculty of Educational Foundations
College of Education Studies
University of Cape Coast
Telephone: +233 (03321) 36925
Mobile: +233 244 255530